Pages

True Prep Takes Dallas

I have been looking forward to this evening's True Prep event for well over a month. As I am sure you guessed I am all about fun events and when combined with all thins prep they are even better! Tonight's book singing featured both Lisa Birnbach and Chip Kidd and then an extra special addition: MONOGRAMING of your Sperrys! I had to teach an English as a Second Language class at church so I was worried I might miss all the fun but thankfully the party was still going strong over an hour in. I walked in with Cassie and we were greeted by Tickled Pink and Green (who is now back at her old blogspot address) and two other blogging dears. One of the things I have gotten better about since I started blogging is being more outgoing. I do love to talk, but can be somewhat shy. However meeting so many new people has really helped me become much more outgoing- another tidbit to add to my running list! Anyway, we had the BEST time chatting with everyone, but the real treat was meeting the authors behind our fun and ever-so-preppy reads.
Tickled Pink and Green and I with Chip Kidd and Lisa Birnbach.
Lisa loved the bags Cassie and I had made in India and is interested in a Hopsy- oh la la! I also thought it was funny that she and Chip kept saying I remind them of one of the girls in Animal House. My, oh, my, I need to watch this this weekend I think... Needless to say, we had the best time meeting and greeting these dynamic duo! What a treat!
After the signing it was time to pick out a new pair of Sperrys. Naturally, I was drawn to the most shiny pair available.
Trying on my new, soon-to-be-monogram metalic Sperrys!

The next step was to pick a font for the monogram, then the chosen monogram location (this was the hardest part for me) and of course the color. The amazing artist was kind enough to mix a special pink paint for Cassie and I. I think he was slightly amused that I kept asking him to add more and more red to the white. I was ready to go all out and wanted statement pink of course!
The finished product! Sheer perfection in my opinion.
Typically, they only do one shoe, but I ended up having HFG painted on both...the more the merrier!
What a wonderful evening filled with divine company. If you have the opportunity to attend either a True Prep book signing or a Sperry monogram event you simply MUST! Cheers to all and green sproting that pink and green with pride- I know my feet will be!!


0 comments:

Post comment on:True Prep Takes Dallas