Pages

Resolutions

Did you make New Year's resolutions? What are your plans for 2011?
card courtesy of cocodot
Well, when it comes to making resolutions I have to admit I LOVE to make a list with all my hopes for a new year. However, come June and July I will be the first to admit that it gets hard to stick to a list I made at the end of the previous year. I have been SO lucky throughout my life and am very content right where I am tonight, however, this still does not stop me from making a list again last year. So, without further ado here are a few if my 2011 resolutions.
*Read the Bible in a year.*
I have never read e Bible from cover to cover and that is definitely a must. I know this will require discipline so I am going to follow the basic Bible in a year plan and am excited about all I will learn in the coming months!
*Start playing squash again.*
I am NOT the athletic type nor have I ever been. However, I have played squash off and on and this year I really want to get into the sport. I plan to join a new gym that has squash courts and will start things off by taking a few lessons. Hopefully, before I know it I will get into the grove and can join a league.
*Get organized and simplify!*
If you have not noticed I love to shop. I have have acquired far too many things over the past few years and now that my weekends are finally free I have the time get things organized and really clean out before I end up on Hoarders!
*Update my address book.*
This is something else I have been meaning to do for years. In order to be better about keeping in touch updating my address book (both written and electronic) is essential!
*Read the paper daily.*
I want to be more on top of current events and happenings. I already watch news programs both in the morning and evenings, but want to add the paper to my daily regimen. The Dallas Morning News and The Wall Street Journal are my papers of choice.
*Cook two meals per week.*
I LOVE to bake and I LOVE gourmet food, but I have yet to become an expert good. This year I want to order take-out less and cook at home more often. I have numerous recipes flagged and saved and plan to start cooking up a storm!
That is the majority of my 2011 resolutions. Nothing is extreme or extravagant, but rather these are just small changes I want to incorporate into my life. I am very hopeful that I will stay on track and now that I have shared these I have you all to keep me in line.

0 comments:

Post comment on:Resolutions