Pages

Life, Lilly and the Pursuit of Happiness

Well, they say all good things must come to an end and this past weekend was the end of an era...it was my very last day working at Lilly Pulitzer NorthPark. Sadly, the Lilly store in NorthPark is closing (from what I understand this has nothing to do with the company and lots to do with the mall but I am unsure of alllll the facts). When I first heard the news back in November I was completely shocked along with the rest of my friends/employees. Our store has met and exceeded every goal, but alas, it was time for a change I guess. In my opinion this very dreary situation was in need of a proper pink and green goodbye, so on my last day I provided just that!
I baked cake balls and picked up some easy and delicious treats for us employees to enjoy while reminiscing of our favorite Lilly times. We talked about our favorite items, the items we wish we had bought...mine was another Jubilee Kissing Ball at the warehouse sale for $5. Cassie, Jennifer and Christen however forbid me to buy it since it had a TINY crack....they will try to tell you it was a HUGE hole, do not believe them, it really was a hairline crack.
Sunday was the perfect send off for my favorite lifestyle brand!
I am going to be so sad when I visit NorthPark in 2011 and my beloved home away from home is no more. However, I firmly believe this is only "goodbye for a little while" (as said in Titanic)! While I cross my fingers that Lilly will someday reopen in Dallas I have a closet full of preppy prints to keep me warm and a handful of Lilly loving friends to reminisce with!

PS- is there any Lilly piece you wish you had bought but did not??

0 comments:

Post comment on:Life, Lilly and the Pursuit of Happiness